Saturday, January 2, 2010

the new year

2009 has come to a close and I'm so ready for 2010. Over the past year, some pretty exciting things have happened: In January, I started the last semester of my undergraduate career and in May, I received my BA. I also moved to a new apartment and began a job that could conceivably have been the beginning of a career track. I worked with some amazing kids and a great staff all summer and learned a lot. In September, I started my Master of Publishing program and met some of my future colleagues. We all survived the workload, the only casualty being my job. I knitted my first afghan this year (and a lot of other things, too). I took a yoga class, hiked a mountain or two, canoed for the first time in years, and improved my cooking skills.

The year ahead looks pretty good, too. I'll finish the academic portion of my degree in April and start an internship in May; in December, I'll graduate. I hope to start a new job this year. Some personal goals include being more active and taking some more steps towards being vegan. I want to read more non-fiction. I'll try to become tidier. I want to take at least one trip somewhere I've never been before.

I hope the new year is a good year for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment